South Lanarkshire Council- Scotland's fifth largest local authority.
With a population of 310,930, South Lanarkshire Council is Scotland's fifth largest local authority. It covers an area 1,772 square kilometres in central and southern Scotland, almost 80% of which is agricultural.
South Lanarkshire council has; 7 divisions — Community, Corporate, Enterprise, Finance and IT, Housing and Technical, Modernising Government, Social Work, over 310,000 residents and an IT Services department of approximately 150 staff.
Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft Project Server
Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Microsoft EPM Consultancy
- Design and Delivery of Appropriate workshops across all relevant areas of the business
Through a series of workshops, meetings and scoping exercises working together a partnership, Process Maps and a Functional Specification was agreed upon which covered all of the customer needs, which at the same time met the constraints that stakeholders had on finance, time and functionality.
The solution was designed, configured and implemented by Chess’ Consultants and included the following functions, capabilities and benefits:
- Single location for proposing, reviewing and approving Programmes and Projects
- Document Management — single location for managing all project documentation — utilising templates stored in project workspaces
- Consistent Project plans — with project data being stored in central Project Server database to enable easy reporting on all Programmes and Projects
- Consistent standard reports — to enable quick, flexible and effective reporting across the organisation
- Programme and Project level outputs, management information, exception and KPI reporting
- Knowledge transfer to key Council staff to ensure ownership could be transferred effectively