Marston Holdings is the UK’s largest provider of judicial services.
Chess Digital was delighted to develop and design a new SharePoint intranet and document management solution for Marston.
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Bespoke SharePoint 2013 platform
- Customised group wide document management system to share company information
- Primary enabler and driver of internal communications
- More cohesive group, driving efficiencies and uniting a disparate workforce
- High level security, which forces information to remain within the Marston Holdings Network
Marston Holdings had a need for a group wide intranet, to share company information amongst relevant participants.
Marston required a range of custom features to be implemented, including multifunctional feeds. Chess designed an intuitive solution to ensure the right content was displayed to the right people; with a branded look and feel consistent with the stringent corporate profile.
Chess Digital first completed an Analysis and Specification phase with Marston Holdings, primarily to clarify the requirements, define the project scope and to design and agree on the solution.
We used mobile-first design principles to define the navigation and layout of the intranet. It was important to maximise screen real estate on mobile without compromising on content. This was achieved by using a drop down accordion, when tapped, the section expands to reveal the rest of the content. This also minimises distractions.
The vision for this pioneering solution was:
- to become the primary enabler and driver of internal communications, across a disparate workforce and offices around the country
- to reinforce what was already available, but where divisional champions can generate the content required
- to provide an enabler for the Chief Executive to communicate across the business
- to build a tool allowing employees to collaborate and share relevant information easily and include added personalisation and customisation pages using single sign in capability
This was developed in an agile manner, using rapid prototyping, to encourage early and ongoing feedback.